Friday, February 21, 2014

What to Do Next?

Don't we all go through some rough patches, when things are not at their best, or simply too challenging? 

Many years ago, when I first step into a new industry, I was having one of the toughest time in career that I ever had. At the end of the first month, I was so angry with myself for jumping out of a comfortable job and took on this monstrous task of rebuilding everything from scratch. I could not remember a single reason why I went where I went. I could only remember the good of the old job; the comfortable office, the good income and the familiarity. And I could go for my daily jog at 7pm every day. 

I would be left awake for the rest of the night after being woken marginally by the sound of fan or the energetic neighbour. I would be swamped by relentless thoughts, and I would not be able to sleep for the rest of the night. 


Daylight scene from the Berlin's apartment kitchen window. 

This went on for sometime before I finally snapped out of it. I still did not know how things would turn out at that time, but I realised I could not change the situation. But I could perhaps make things turn out better by doing what I should do, with all my efforts and mind, and leave the rest to the higher being up there. Things always happen for a reason. 

Sometimes, perhaps the best way to manage a tough time is simply to do what we should do, and do our best so that we would never turn around and wonder what would have happen if we have try harder, and the pieces would fall into place. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...