Monday, December 16, 2013

Publika / Ben's Independent Grocer

About two weeks ago, I wanted to check out some cafes around Hartamas, recommended on a friend's facebook. I also remembered there was an area that was really nice the last we visited; double-storey shophouses and very nicely done up cafes almost everywhere. Hubby brought me about a year plus or two years ago when he was there to meet a friend. When I asked hubby if the mentioned cafes were any where near to where we been too, he had no idea. When it comes to remembering things, I am thankful hubby remembers my birthday, handphone number and our anniversaries. 

As fate would have it, we ended up in Publika :)


Publika is nice but way too far for us to visit even once a month; it took us about 45 min without jam. Christmas was less than a month away and we saw Christmas stuff selling everywhere. We saw a cool but almost bare Christmas tree, haha! 




The highlight was this fabulous supermarket that we chanced upon when I was taking pictures of a florist shopfront. 




As I snapped away, hubby went ahead and went into the shop and beyond. When I was done, went in and saw this amazing supermarket. 




The supermarket is known as BIG - Ben's Independent Grocer. This is not just a supermarket; there are cafes within the compound. 

Check this out - you can buy and have the oyster right in the supermarket?! We weren't totally sure, but that was the impression that we got when we were loitering around the area. Now I kind of wonder why did we not stop and try out some oysters...

Probably, the price tag stopped us... 



I counted at least three cafes within the compound. It was pretty amazing, I would love to hang out in a supermarket-cafe! Imagine after a session with friends, I can just buy the grocery before heading home.


Just as we stepped out of the supermarket, we saw baby marigold for sale!



I like marigold as much as I love sunflowers; because they seem to be smiling all the time. But it was a losing battle trying to get hubby to buy them simply because they could dry up first before we see any bloom!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...