Wednesday, October 29, 2014

From Our Porch

Watching the guppies in the mini-water garden has became a habit.

Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, once just before dinner and the last time before bed. Sort of like tucking them in, haha!

My favourite is the morning slot. When the light is good, and the sun still gentle. 

One morning, as I squatted and fed the guppies, I saw a tiny brown speck that was moving. 

It was a water snail. 

It had been a while since I saw one. I like the colour and lighting, so I hooked on the macro lens to the iphone for a closer shoot. 


Halfway, amazingly, the water snail made an impressive effort to float towards the nearest fish feed and attached itself onto it, and started nibbling away!


I had to bring the iphone just about a centimetre from the snail to get the below shoots. All the while, I kept reminding myself to hold on tight to the phone or it could end up being a permanent fixture in the water tank...



We have our doubts about allowing the snail to stay in the water garden. 

It is an interesting addition to just the fishes. And it does help with the algae. So instead of hauling it out now, we are keeping our eyes close. 

For now; that is. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...