Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cherish

That day hubby was asking where was the first ring he gave me. 

I was surprised he asked. Hubby is a good man but sometimes he appears to be beyond caring for such stuff. But I love the question :) 

This is an especially challenging year, given we had perhaps spent the most time apart ever since we got together seriously and faithfully as a couple. We did not take our annual trip this year, an affair that we both look forward, even if it is to somewhere near like Bangkok. It is not about how far we go or how many boarding passes we collect; it is the time spend together in a foreign land that makes the trip forward looking. 





For us, December is a period to be thankful that we spend yet another good year together. Of course, the year seldom passes without the quarrels, the shouting matches, the banging of the doors (ya, we bang doors too), and the cold wars. We are just a pair of normal couple. 

I used to think we got into the relationship knowing we would need to travel and could not see each other daily, hence we should be alright moving forward with the not-so-long-distance marriage. After all, we are only about 45 minutes apart by flight and 4.5 hours apart by car. But a couple needs time to get accustom to each other's living habits; that was truly something that I have never taken into consideration. 


I used to be able to spend about close to a month in Malaysia before I need to head back to Singapore for work. If I get to spend a week in Malaysia now, it is like a luxury. Nowadays, just when we get in tune with each other's habit, I would need to be back in Singapore...It is tough, but I think we are slowly getting the hang of it. 

Sometime ago, I read a blog post shared through FB by a friend. It was a wonderful article shared by a man who divorced after 16 years of marriage. He shared advice that he wished he had received so to keep the marriage intact. Of course, I think it applies to both the husband and the wife.

When in doubt, always choose love. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...