Tuesday, June 18, 2013

the Art of urban living

When I started the frequent travelling to Malaysia, trying to make new friends was not easy. Besides being transport-immobile (and I am not complaining about it, it is better to have a husband-driver than driving in Malaysia), I did not have much activities that could hook me up with new friends. Plus, I am at a lazy age; I am contented with my list of friends.

Hence I dipped into my hubby's cookie jar of friends and colleagues. 

And, I was lucky, I met many nice people who are friends now. And Joanne is among them :)

Joanne is an interesting person - she break dances, she paints, she is creative, she is down to earth and she has a partner who paints too - meet Kenzy :) Boy, am I glad they paint! They did a beautiful painting for our wedding!

They put in a lot of effort, make adjustment to their life and work for their dreams to work, and they were finally seeing results!

Photo credits: Mono Facebook. Jointly, they are known as "Mono".
They were recently invited to participate in "The Art of Urban Living" @ D7 Sentul East and their works are featured in the "Contemporary Young Artists Gallery"! Besides having their work exhibited, they were also there every Sunday to paint and invite anyone who were keen to "art jam" with them.







There were other interesting pieces by other artists. The below piece looked like "pop" art to me. It was 3D-like, with the semi round balls, popping from the canvas.


Joanne told me the below piece was called installation art. It was a huge piece and much taller than me. 


There were beautiful sculptures as well. 



After chatting with Joanne, I started to wonder around the building. D7 Sentul East is an eco friendly building; most of the areas are not fitted with air con, but with fans. The building has a lot of open spaces and natural light in the atrium. I like the greenery that is incorporated into the entire building; you see green wherever you turn. I think it helps to keep the building cooler too; I only wonder how to they water some of those plants that are hanging high up around the buildings. 



As I wondered around, gravitating towards the air-conditioned lobby, haha, I came to this colourful art piece that Joanne told me was done by the artists jointly: 


And this was a piece that was done by the kids who joined the art jamming session. The artists touched up the picture thereafter for display:


It was a nice place to spend about an hour or two, walking around enjoying the pieces and the building. It was comforting to see a couple of parents who encouraged their children to join the painting session, though the kids thoroughly dirtied themselves.


My best wishes to Mono on their journey towards their dream, and it would continue to be exciting and fruitful!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...