Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Birthday to Hubby

We tried but we did not always get to spend our birthdays together much as we would love to. Geographically and sometimes for reasons that I do not even recall, this is how things are. This year, I made plans early to spend 28 Feb in Malaysia. 

We had yet decided where to go for the hubby's birthday and before we decided on where to go, the hubby told me he was given a complimentary hotel stay at First World Hotel @ Genting. Hence, that was how we decided on the birthday location. Not our first choice, but we are not that fussy and as long as we get to spend time together with minimal packing, we are pretty much thankful.



We reached Genting Highlands in about an hour leisure drive. I am not a cold weather hugger, and I am always thankful for the warm tropic weather (though I would love lesser humidity), but the weather had been extremely hot recently, hence I found myself looking forward to the trip. Before this trip, I had only been to Genting Highlands once for a company retreat, and it was not the best experience. I found myself trying to catch my breath and was only better the following day. The hubby said if I still find myself in similar situation for this trip, he would be more than happy to drive us home. And this trip was great! I felt nothing of what I felt previously and after collecting our room key, we freshened up and made our way to the cable car!




The cable car ride was also my first in Genting. The ride started a bit bumpy, but nothing to frighten us out of our mind. As the ride moved, we were surrounded by a sea of thick fog, and it started to drizzle slightly. A couple of minutes later, the sky brighten up. It is pretty amazing how the entire resort and cable car system are constructed in the mountainous area.



The entire ride took about 12 minutes or so. We disembarked and walked around the station a bit. Nothing impressive, we saw one, two shops retailing some local stuff, perhaps meant for some of the foreign tourists. We took the ride up in less than 10 min, haha!

There was nothing much to do on the ride up, since it was a repeat of the scenes, so I forced the hubby into selfie session, haha! Both of us are pretty camera-shy and we took tons of photo before we were happy with one :)




We did some shopping and ate plenty of food once we were back at the top. It was pretty much of a leisure walk. We sort of just went with the flow and checked out the surrounding hotels.




Saw some pretty flowers outside one of the hotels and spent some time taking photos there.




It was pretty chilling, but I gotten a couple of Uniqlo Heattec clothings and, mine, I have to say I was really impressed! Even for hottish night, I would usually keep my room temperature around 25 to 26 degree celsius with blanket wrapped around me. Anything below 25 degree celsius is usually a challenge to me, not to mention 20 degree celsius. All I had on was a tunic and leggings, both Heattec items. These Heattec items are definitely highly recommended!




We went back to the room to freshen up again and went out for dinner. Nothing spectacular for dinner, we went around walking some more to look for a nice place to sit down. Saw this pub within the mall with a live band and so we went in.


The birthday boy enjoying some draught and nuts :)
Before we bought this current house, we used to enjoy a night out during the weekends, pampering ourselves with some good food and spent some time alone, chatting about our thoughts, our plans, and our future. We had not done that much since we bought the current house; very much of an exchange of money situation. The expenses are not suffocating but we are more cautious with how the money is spent. So nights like this at pub are times that we treasure.

We spent the night relaxing and next day, we started our downhill drive after breakfast. Instead of heading straight home, we decided to drive to Sepang. We heard so much about Sepang and wanted to see how much it resembled Gold Coast. The drive took us almost three hours... And we were rewarded with beautiful skies!




We drove towards this resort called Golden Palm Tree Resort & Spa. It has a stretch of sea villas that branch out into the sea looking like a palm tree; very beautiful.



Stretch of villas on the right. We are guessing this would look a lot nicer when the tide is in. 
The place looks very much like a village 
with the locals trying to make a living with some touristy businesses. 


The birthday was spent on the hill, at the beach and on the road. What we appreciated the most was the time we spent together.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...