Friday, May 9, 2014

Easy Peasy Pasta aka Lazy Lunch / Dinner

I like instant noodles, but it is just too salty. For the same reason, I take very little of the instant bee hoon too, even though I would really love to have it for all my lunches.

And today, I think I found a healthier substitute :) Takes less than 10 minutes  to prepare, perhaps a couple more minutes and a bit more work but it is definitely worth it. Cooking this doesn't take too long and would not set off the thinking that going through the process gives second thoughts. 

Angel hair pasta!

I know angel hair pasta is always there, next to spaghetti and linguine, but I seldom pay any attention to it. Until today :D

This is my lazy lunch recipe: 
  1. Set a pot of water to boil. Add a bit of salt and olive oil to the water for taste and texture. (2 min)
  2. Start to cut some broccoli up while waiting for the water to boil.
  3. Once the water boils, put the broccoli in. Once it is cooked, get it out of the water and onto the plate that you would be eating with. (3 min)
  4. Take sufficient angel hair pasta and put it into the same pot of boiling water, and wait for it to be cooked. (3 min)
  5. While waiting, open a tin of tuna and scope out any amount of tuna preferred. 
  6. Still waiting for the pasta to be cooked, get ready the pasta sauce, which is basically opening a bottle of it and stand by the spoon. 
  7. Scope the cooked pasta onto the plate, which holds the broccoli and the tuna. (1 min)
  8. Spoon the pasta sauce over the pasta. Eat!


Angel hair pasta cooks a lot faster compare to linguine, the pasta that I usually like. Linguine takes about 12 min to cook, and angel hair takes only about three minutes! I can add another veggie, like pre cut pumpkin (hmm...seems like a wrong combi) or a sunny side up, to replace the tuna if I want. It should not take too much time too. 

The choice of pasta sauce is rather limited though, and I might need to stick to tomato pasta sauce since sauces like carbonara would need to be heat up separately. Or I can drizzle in a bit of olive oil. If I do this, then I would skip the olive oil in the beginning. I can also sprinkle in some pumpkin and sunflower seeds! 

Bon Appetit! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...