Thursday, August 14, 2014

Honey, are you for real?

I used to be very sceptical when it comes to honey.

When sugar is melted over a pot, it turns into a golden syrup too. Which looks too similar to honey.

Recently my mother in law gave us some honey that she bought from a friend's friend. Haha, sounds all too familiar right? 

Anyway, she bought five bottles and told us to take all if we want to. Yes, I have a fabulous mother in law, just as generous as my mom :)

The honey smells and tastes "flowery", but there is this slight soury smell that comes with it. 



I googled and found the following properties of authentic honey:
  • Ants do not visit real honey, i.e. honey that does not have sugar added to it. Bees are clever, they added some of their own stuff to the honey to keep the ants away. 
  • Bubbles. Real honey should have bubbles and sediments in it. 
  • Real honey settles down at the bottle of a glass of water. It does not just melt in the water without stirring. 
  • A drop of honey on a tissue stays on the tissue. It does not get absorb by the tissue since honey does not have water. 
  • Real honey has a slight sour smell :)

My mother in law did the ants test, and I did the bubbles and "does not melt" tests. I am definitely ordering in bulk whenever we are going back to Batu!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...