Thursday, June 19, 2014

Running and my Life

I love running. It is the only sport that compete my time for yoga. 


I try to run daily as long as the weather allows it. If the stress piles on, the more I run. Even if I reach home at 9pm. 

I like the time to myself during the run. Just the music and myself. As my feet pound on the pavement, the sweat oozes. It works perfect for me. The stress doesn't lift like a fog after the run; it is not that magical. However, I do sleep better and I do think better after the run. This help in managing the stress level. 

Shoes are important, very important. I was silly once; I ran with the same pair of running shoes for slightly over two years. My knees and my heels suffered for that mistake. Never think that your shoes look alright and it is alright. I did some calculation - once I hit between 750km to 850km, I change my shoes. 

Nowadays, I change my shoes about once every year. And I made it an easy date to remember to change my shoes - on my birthday. I also made a change to my running habit. I bought two pairs of running shoes starting last year, and use them on alternative day. This would allow the "sole's sponge" to re inflate in between the runs, and hence the shoes can last longer.  

As long as I can and able to, I would continue to run. I appreciate the calm and sweat that come with it. But whatever it is, remember to run for yourself and enjoy it :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...